April 01, 2011. Chicago, IL 4:30pm CST
Huddl is proud to announce that today it joins the GroupMe family. Since launching two days ago, Huddl has been received with tremendous enthusiasm by people nationwide, sparking a surge in group messaging innovation.
”We’re excited to now be part of the GroupMe family” says Daniel Herdean, Co-Founder & Product Manager.
Naaaaa…April Fools! :)
Yeah, we’re cracking up too. Sure there have been other group messaging apps in the past but we think that you’d be interested to know of a new competitor on the market with a much different take on group messaging. Huddl just launched the other day and is like Instagram for groups. Huddl fills the gap between SMS and social networks like Facebook & Twitter and works with any mobile phone in the US, simplifying social group sharing.
In addition to providing similar messaging features as GroupMe, Huddl stands apart for two key reasons:
- users can make their groups public to friends or private (like GroupMe)
- public groups make the app much more social and fun
- users can keep up with what their friends are doing by exploring their groups (called huddles).
- users can create an event group by simply generating a QR code within the app
- event owner then posts the QR code and attendees can easily scan into group
- this is great for sharing photos and messages with friends at a concert, wedding or festival
Please download the app and let us know what you think. Or you can click the giant button below.
We can arrange for a quick demo if you’d like.
Dan, Cat & Lau | the Huddl co-founding team